6-10 June 2022
Skopje, North Macedonia
Call for Trainees
The aim of Goodbrother COST Action and the 1st Training School is to increase the awareness about the ethical, legal, and privacy issues associated with audio and video-based monitoring and to propose privacy-aware working solutions for assisted living, by creating an interdisciplinary community of researchers and industrial partners from different fields (computing, engineering, healthcare, law, sociology) and other stakeholders (users, policymakers, public services), stimulating new research and innovation. Goodbrother will offset the “Big Brother” sense of continuous monitoring by increasing user acceptance, exploiting these new solutions, and improving market reach.
The Goodbrother Training School is a multidisciplinary event open to professionals, researchers, and Ph.D. students with a B2 or equal level of English and relevant skills in the aforementioned areas. Any interested applicant must complete the Application Form where they will be required to demonstrate experience and competence in the above-mentioned focus (professional or research experience).
Applicants shall be engaged in an official research program as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation, or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research. Trainees eligible for reimbursement are from COST Full Member Countries (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, The Netherlands, The Republic of North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom), COST Cooperating Member countries, Action MC Observer from COST Near Neighbour Countries (NNC), or from Approved European RTD Organisations.
The selected applicants (trainees) will benefit from a Trainee Grant to participate in the school activities from the 6th to 10th June 2022. This grant is expected to cover the travel, accommodation, and expenses, each application will be individually evaluated along with the total grant to be awarded, which can be up to €700 for the five days.
Selected trainees shall create an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu including bank details prior to accepting their e-COST invitation. They shall submit via e-COST a completed online travel reimbursement request within 30 calendar days after the end date of the approved activity.
Trainers (to be confirmed)
- Lukács Adrienn, Ph.D, University of Szeged, Hungary
- Zoltán Alexin, PhD, University of Szeged, Hungary
- Francisco Flórez-Revuelta, Ph.D., University of Alicante, Spain
- Nina Hosseini Kivanani, Université du Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Aleksandar Jevremovic, Ph.D., Singidunum University, Serbia
- Petre Lameski, Ph.D., Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, North Macedonia
- Cristina Miguel, Ph.D., University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Ivan Pires, Ph.D., University of Beira Interior, Portugal
- María José Santofimia. Ph.D., Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Spain
- Eftim Zdravevski, Ph.D., Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, North Macedonia
Programme (to be finalised)
- Computer vision for AAL
- Privacy preservation in video data
- From Big Brother to GoodBrother: Introduction to the legal regulation of privacy
- Examples of audio- or video-based AAL applications
- Remote monitoring
- Fall detection and prevention
- Introduction to big data processing
- How to apply augmentation techniques on small datasets: Neurodegenerative diseases datasets
- Introduction to Explainable AI
- Protecting data in Smart/IoT environments
- Pseudonymisation and anonymisation of datasets
- Applications opened: 18 April 2022
- Applications submission deadline: 13 May 2022 (extended)
- Confirmation to the selected trainees: 17 May 2022
- Deadline for e-Cost registration and confirmation: 22 May 2022
- Training School days: 6-10 June 2022
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, North Macedonia