PETRA 2022 – The 15th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference
One major concern in any development for Active Assisted Living (AAL) lies in the claim for responsible research and the consideration of ethical, legal and social implications of technology development. At a time in which technology developments – fostered by the huge and tremendously fast-evolving innovations through modern information and communication technologies – enter private spheres and come into close contact with individual, private, and intimate activities, it is a mandatory claim that any technology development should be carefully developed and balanced within societal, cultural and individual values, and norms.
The aim of PrivAw is to bridge the knowledge gap between users’ requirements and the appropriate and secure use of AAL technologies to deliver effective and supportive care to older adults managing their health and wellbeing. PrivAw will seek to increase awareness and understanding of the context-specific ethical, legal, privacy and societal issues necessary to implement AAL systems across hospital, home and community settings, in a manner that protects and reassures users; outputs will stimulate the development of a new research perspective for constructively addressing privacy-aware AAL solutions for assisted living.
This workshop is organised by the GoodBrother COST Action (CA19121) on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living.
This workshop aims at collecting and discussing AAL solutions, projects and research. We seek contributions that include, but are not limited to:
- Privacy-aware technologies
- Responsible Research for the elderly
- Fair systems
- Legal requirements and privacy issues for data collection and processing in care
- Privacy by Design and by Context
- User acceptance criteria for AAL
- GDPR requirements of AAL solutions
- Best practices for interdisciplinary collaborations between law, IT, care and/or sociology
- Awareness and understanding of context-specific ethical, legal, privacy and societal issues
Accepted papers will be presented at the conference and will appear in the conference proceedings. For the accepted papers, at least one author must register as the presenter by the early registration deadline to be included in the proceedings.
Please follow the guidelines provided by the conference when preparing your contribution. The expected length of the paper is 3 -10 pages, including references. Each contribution will be reviewed on the basis of originality, significance, clarity, soundness, relevance and technical content.
All authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to MDPI Technologies Journal’s Topical Collection for free of charge.
For inquiries about paper submission please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper Submission Deadline: March 10, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: April 11, 2022
- Camera ready: April 19, 2022
- Workshop date: To be determined (conference dates are June 29 – July 1, 2022)
To be confirmed
- Martin Kampel, Computer Vision Lab, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Sara Colantonio, Institute of Information Science and Technologies of the National Research Council of Italy, Italy
- Francisco Florez-Revuelta, University of Alicante, Spain
- Irene Ballester, Computer Vision Lab, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Blerim Rexha, University of Pristina, Kosovo
- Markus Gall: Cogvis Gmbh, Austria
- Hilda Tellioglu, Technical University Vienna, Austria
For the accepted papers, at least one author must register as the presenter by the early registration deadline to be included in the proceedings. More information can be found on the main conference website.
Corfu Holiday Palace
Corfu Holiday Palace will be the conference venue and the official PETRA 2022 hotel. The 5-star Hotel Corfu Holiday Palace, is the only hotel in Corfu island with a direct view to the famous landmark of the island, Pontikonissi, and the monastery of Mary of Vlachernes, just 4km away from the old town of Corfu (UNESCO historical monument), built in Kanoni, in a 45,000 square meters area, on a peninsula which has been characterized as one of particular natural beauty with pine trees, cypresses, eucalyptuses and a magical beach with green-blue waters.
Corfu (also known as Kerkyra) is a Greek island in the Ionian Sea, and it is the second largest of the Ionian Islands. Corfu is among the most beautiful and popular islands of the country. Due to its strong historical connection with Europe, this was among the first Greek islands to open to tourism. Located on the north western side of the country, Corfu Island has a cosmopolitan feeling combined with a special traditional character.