Open Call for GoodBrother Action ITC Conference Grants
One of the main COST Action CA19121 GoodBrother objectives is to support the research in Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs). For this reason, we have an Open Call for ITC Conference Grants using a rolling system for the deadlines for ITC Conference Grant Applications, which for this grant period are as follows:
|15th February 2022|
|15th April 2022|
|15th June 2022|
|15th September 2022|
All the applications that have been sent by the cut-off date will be evaluated within 15 days and the applicants will be informed about the decision.
- Conference Grants are reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC (Inclusiveness Target Country). The ITCs countries are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
- The applicants must have an accepted paper or poster at a conference and must make an oral/poster presentation. The publication/presentation must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action GoodBrother and must acknowledge COST (see How to acknowledge COST funding).
- The conference, the submission of the expenses, and the reporting must take place before the end of the current Grant Period.
- Priority will be given to active Working Group members whose application is endorsed by the Working Group
- The submission for ITC CG must be after the acceptance of the paper
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
All the applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- 50% The quality and relevance of the publication/presentation
- 25% The conference rankings
- 10% Diversity
- 15% If the contribution is an oral presentation
How to apply?
To apply for a Conference Grant within the GoodBrother Cost Action (CA19121), please send the following documents (in a single pdf file) to ConferenceGrants@goodbrother.eu. Make sure that the subject of the email contains the words [GoodBrother ITC]
- filled ITC application form (max. 2 pages – see the form on the next page of this document).
- the Applicant’s CV, including recent publications (max. 1 page).
- the acceptance letter of the conference paper.
- the accepted conference paper.
- the most recent conference booklet or leaflet / conference program (where the Applicant is listed).
- the invitation from the Organizers (for a keynote presentation, etc.).
Your application will be first evaluated by the ITC Conference Grants evaluation committee and the ITC Conference Grants Manager of the COST Action GoodBrother. Then, if the remaining budget allows to provide funding it will be submitted for approval by the MC Chair of the Action. For more information please visit the GoodBrother Website and consult the GoodBrother Memorandum of Understanding.
It is expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper including GoodBrother and COST logo to the ITC Conference Grants Manager of the GoodBrother Action for dissemination. The material must be submitted to the ITC Conference Grants Manager by email shortly after the conference. Photographic material from the conference (e.g. the Applicant with the GoodBrother logo in background) will also be requested.
Before you apply, make sure you review and understand the ITC Conference Grant rules, available in the COST Vademecum. If you have further questions, please contact the ITC Conference Grant Manager of the COST Action GoodBrother by sending an email to ConferenceGrants@goodbrother.eu.