Open Call for GoodBrother Action ITC Conference Grants
One of the main COST Action CA19121 GoodBrother objectives is to support the research in Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) and Near Neighbour Countries (NNCs). ITC Conference Grants are financial support for Young Researchers and Innovators affiliated in an Inclusiveness Target Country / Near Neighbour Country for their participation in high-level conferences. The grantee receives support for attending and presenting their work (poster/oral presentation) at a conference and can establish new contacts for future collaborations. This is a contribution for travelling, accommodation and subsistence expenses, registration fee, printing of scientific poster and overall effort. For this reason, we have an Open Call for ITC Conference Grants using a rolling system for the deadlines for ITC Conference Grant Applications, which for this grant period are as follows
|15th May 2023|
|15th July 2023|
|15th September 2023|
|After 15th September 2023, if there is budget available, the applications will be processed as they are received|
All the applications that have been sent by the cut-off date will be evaluated within 15 days and the applicants will be informed about the decision. Up to 2000 EUR can be awarded for face-to-face conferenes and up to 500 EUR for virtual conferences.
- Conference Grants are reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC (Inclusiveness Target Country) or an NNC (Near Neighbour Country):
- EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia
- EU Member States Outermost Regions: French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Reunion Island and Saint-Martin (France), Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain)
- Full Members that are not EU Member States: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine
- NNCs: Algeria, Azerbaijan, Egypt, the Faroe Islands, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, and Tunisia.
- The applicants must have an accepted paper or poster at a conference and must make an oral/poster presentation. The publication/presentation must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action GoodBrother and must acknowledge COST (see How to acknowledge COST funding).
- The conference, the submission of the expenses, and the reporting must take place before the end of the current Grant Period.
- Priority will be given to active Working Group members whose application is endorsed by the Working Group
- The submission for ITC CG must be after the acceptance of the paper
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
All the applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- 50% The quality and relevance of the publication/presentation
- 25% The conference rankings
- 10% Diversity
- 15% If the contribution is an oral presentation
How to apply?
To apply for a Conference Grant within the GoodBrother Cost Action (CA19121), please fill in the online application on the e-cost system and attach the required documents.
- filled application form (can be downloaded from the e-cost system)
- the Applicant’s CV, including recent publications (max. 1 page).
- the acceptance letter of the conference Organizers or invitation from the Organizers (for a keynote presentation etc.)
- copy of the accepted conference paper, abstract or oral presentation.
- the most recent conference booklet or leaflet / conference program (where the Applicant is listed).
Your application will be first evaluated by the ITC Conference Grants evaluation committee and the ITC Conference Grants Manager of the COST Action GoodBrother. Then, if the remaining budget allows to provide funding it will be submitted for approval by the MC Chair of the Action. For more information please visit the GoodBrother Website and consult the GoodBrother Memorandum of Understanding.
It is expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper including GoodBrother and COST logo and a short summary of their participation at the conference to the ITC Conference Grants Manager of the GoodBrother Action for dissemination. The material must be submitted to the ITC Conference Grants Manager by email shortly after the conference. Photographic material from the conference (e.g. the Applicant with the GoodBrother logo in background) will also be requested.
Before you apply, make sure you review and understand the ITC Conference Grant rules, available in the COST Annotated Rules. More information on the grant awarding process can be found here.