Open Call for GoodBrother Action Short Term Scientific Missions
Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) is a grant that allows Researcher or Innovators to visit a host organization located in a different country than the country of their affiliation, for the specific work to be carried out and for a determined period. We have an Open Call for STSM Grants using a rolling system for the deadlines for STSM Grant Applications, which for this grant period are as follows:
|15th February 2024
|15th April 2024
|15th June 2025
|After 15th June 2024, if there is budget available, the applications will be processed as they are received
All the applications that have been sent by the cut off date will be evaluated within 15 days and the applicants will be informed about the decision.
Applicants whose proposals are accepted, receive funding for implementing a project with an international team and gains new knowledge or access to equipment or techniques not available in the home institution. Although the Rules for COST Actions state that applicants could receive up to 4000 EUR, given the limited budget, the Management Committee decided, for this Grant Period, to provide, at least, 10 grants of up to 2000 EUR. The decision on the awarded amount is decided by the Action MC or Core Group on proposal of the evaluators, based on the request of the applicant and should reflect the duration and location of the STSM.
Researcher and Innovators with appropriate affiliation as described in the Annotated Rules section 220.127.116.11.1. AFFILIATION.
Additionally: Priority will be given to active Working Group members whose application is endorsed by the Working Group and whose STSM output is closely related to the goals and deliverables of the Action. For more information please see the GoodBrother Memorandum of Understanding.
All the applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- 25% Appropriateness of the STSM for the selected Working Group and objectives
- 20% Quality and feasibility of the work plan
- 20% Quality and feasibility of the planned outcomes
- 17.5% Suitability of the applicant to work plan objectives
- 17.5% Benefits of the STSM for the applicant (visitor)
How to apply?
To apply for a STSM Grant within the GoodBrother Cost Action (CA19121), please fill in the STSM application form available on the e-cost system and upload the following documents:
- Application form (template available on e-COST) describing: Goals, description of the work to be carried out by the applicant, expected outcomes and description of the contribution to the Action MoU objectives
- Confirmation of the host on the agreement from the host institution in receiving the applicant
- Other documents required by the Action (e.g. recommendation letter, etc…)
Your application will be first evaluated by the STSM Grants evaluation committee and the STSM Grants Manager of the COST Action GoodBrother. Then, if the remaining budget allows to provide funding’s it will be submitted for approval by the MC Chair of the Action. For more information please visit the GoodBrother Website and consult the GoodBrother Memorandum of Understanding. Before you apply, make sure you review and understand the STSM Grant rules, available in the COST Annotated Rules. More information about the grant awarding process can be found here.